TPM Engineer - Cheshire
- Salary: £30000 - £37000 per annum + excellent benefits
- Specialism: Engineering and Manufacturing
- Job Type: Maintenance Engineering & Service
- Location: Cheshire
- Ref: 11435_1339168899
This vacancy is now filled. Use our Job Search on the left to search for only live vacancies, or sign up to our Job Alerts for similar jobs.
***TPM Engineer - Cheshire - Engineering - to £37,000***
Our client is the leading provider of rail solutions across the globe, with a leading presence in the aerospace and rail industries. On this site in Cheshire, they are involved in the design, manufacture and servicing of passenger rail vehicles.
The successful candidate will develop a multi skilled team and ensure daily targets/objectives are 100% achieved. They will develop and maintain planned maintenance systems for all equipment including critical machinery.
- To develop and drive total planned maintenance strategy for the site and develop and role out Kiazen methodology within the maintenance team.
- Hands on implementation of the 5 pillars of TPM: quality integration, new equipment management, autonomous maintenance, planned maintenance and equipment improvement.
- Manage and control costs within budget, develop and manage the control of critical spares strategy within planned budget. Structure and plan key predictable spend and deliver to plan.
- Carry out capability studies on key equipment and provide improvement and control plans to ensure ongoing capability. Develop FMEAs for critical machines/process.
- Negotiate and drive down cost initiatives with sub contract suppliers and provide roadmaps and future state. Develop control/warning systems and methods that do not allow errors to be produced.
Your Experience and Qualifications
- Prefferably qualified to degree level, although a minimum of HNC/HND in an engineering descipline will be considered.
- A multi skilled engineer with a strong background in CNC and PLC controls.
- Excellent People skills, good communicator, with strong man management skills.
- Proven analytical approach.
- Understanding of current HSE legislation.
- Extensive knowledge of CMMS systems.
- Full working knowledge of office based documentation, Autocad, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Experienced in Lean implementation.
- Service contract management experience
Previous supervisory/managerial experience is a prerequisite.