Regional Depot Manager (North) - Leeds
- Salary: £90000 - £100000 per annum + car, bonus, pension etc
- Specialism: Logistics
- Job Type: Regional/National Management
- Location: Leeds
- Ref: 11790
This vacancy is now filled. Use our Job Search on the left to search for only live vacancies, or sign up to our Job Alerts for similar jobs.
**REGIONAL GENERAL MANAGER - FMCG / RETAIL LOGISTICS - NORTH ENGLAND & SCOTLAND -£90,000 TP £100,000 + CAR, BONUS + BENEFITS - REPORTING TO THE HEAD OF LOGISTICS - EXCELLENT CAREER PROSPECTS**
Our client is one of the UK's leading FMCG retail businesses. They are looking to recruit a Regional General Manager to manager a number of RDC's throughout the North West and North East of England and Scotland. This is a large scale, fast paced logistics operation, offering a competitive package and excellent career prospects and progression for the right candidate.
- Reporting to the head of logistics, you will be accountable for the successful operation of the northern network.
- You will have the site General Managers reporting into you, and will offer support, mentoring & guidance, whilst challenging them to improve performance and efficiencies.
- You will drive operation excellence and continuous improvement throughout the network.
- You will be responsible for the financial and strategic planning of all sites within your region.
- You will set, monitor and review KPI's and be instrumental in helping to progress the success of the logistics operation in the business through developing your team, identifying key areas for change and being one of the pivotal points of contact for managing the relationship between the depot operations and the head office functions.
- This is a highly facing customer role, with high expectations and challenging KPI's to meet and the successful applicant will be instrumental in building and maintaining an excellent relationship with the key client contacts.
- You must have previous national or regional logistics management experience gained within a fast paced retail/3pl environment and encompassing large distribution centres (over at least 300K sq ft)
- You will be able to show steady career progression, be a strong people manager and lead by example to deliver above and beyond the minimum requirements.
- You will able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering change whilst exceeding goals and expectations.
- You will be highly competent in rate negotiations and be commercially astute.
- FMCG logistics experience is essential (chilled/ambient or frozen and experience of detailing with multi-channel logistics would be beneficial.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong project management experience encompassing change management, continuous improvement and best practice initiatives as well as a very strong operational background.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are a pre-requisite. You will be up to date with logistics systems and technology, as well as all relevant legislation regarding working time directive and transport.
- A degree would be preferred, but excellent industry knowledge and experience is of paramount importance.
If you have the desired skills and experience, and would like to be considered for the role, then please apply by clicking the "Apply Now" link below.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A CV IN WORD FORMAT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED