- Sector: Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences
- Function: Application Technologist
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 17 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29173/001_1631871367
£negotiable dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a skilled Application engineer for our prestigious client who specialise in within clean air technologies within the pharmaceutical sector. The company are based in Greater Manchester and are offering a permanent role with a hybrid of office based and work from home options with salaries negotiable dependent on experience.
You will be responsible for preparing commercial and technical quotations while also providing technical support to the BDM's, agents, clients and others. Other responsibilities include:
- To take design concepts and develop practical solutions through effective collaboration with external and internal customers.
- To effectively decipher client URS and provide technical solutions or, where appropriate, provide assistance to the client to help them develop their URS.
- To review initial client tenders and draft preliminary responses if required.
- To draught pre-sales engineering drawings, utilising appropriate software, when required.
- To prepare Budgetary or Formal quotations dependant on the progress of the tender process.
- Bring technical queries to the attention of the wider team as appropriate.
- Prioritise the workload, ensuring deadlines are maintained consistently.
- Prepare and progress subcontractor and equipment enquiry's looking for 'Best Value' both commercially and technically.
- Ensure that all formal quotations are comprehensive and include accurate material and labour costs, utilising data from recent projects or acquiring new data from internal or 3rd party sources.
- Work effectively and proactively with purchasing to ensure that supplier activity is controlled and approved.
- To realise or establish any potential risks to project cost or delivery and ensure consideration is factored into the quotation.
- Adjust estimates and proposals in the light of changing circumstances.
- Effectively communicate with a variety of nationalities and cultures.
- Consider the safety of proposed equipment through risk assessment, in line with international quality standards.
- Consider all relevant Directives and Industry Standards in the design and proposal of equipment.
- Responsibility for presenting technical solutions during pre-sales bid review meetings.
- To attend and actively take part in sales handover meetings
- Any other reasonable activity requested by line manager or Directors.
- Knowledge of containment systems, applications and pharmaceutical equipment.
- Experience in the preparation of budgetary and/or formal. quotations from deciphering URS or RFQ.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD, Inventor or similar CAD package.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles.
- Basic Knowledge of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Principles.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of conceptual selling.
The company are a well-known clean air technology company who specialise within the pharmaceutical sector. They have been pioneers within clean air technology for decades and are continuing to grow as they have just secured a number of new projects they have to fulfil
The company offers you a great development pathway into senior management and they pride themselves on employee satisfaction and retention.