Up to £20000 per annum
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity to join a global manufacturing leader within the technical engineering environment. This role is easily commutable from most of the surrounding area including Wallasey, Bootle, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
The Assistant Buyer reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, will assist the Purchasing Department in their aim to ensure best cost, delivery and quality on all products and projects and assist with supplier management and KPI's as directed.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Buyer:
- Logging quotations under relevant supplier(s)
- Upload and maintain supplier information in PRISM
- Expedite deliveries as required
- Support in supplier meetings with buyers
- Download monthly reports and create KPI's
- Liaise with relevant departments as and when required to ensure tasks and objectives are met in a timely manner
It is essential that you have:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good use of ERP/MRP systems
- Strong understanding and use of all Microsoft Office Applications
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid UK driving license
It is desirable that you have:
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings and BOMs
- A degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain or relevant discipline
- A minimum of 1 year in industry
My client are looking to recruit as soon as possible so if interested please apply today!