- Sector: Industry 4.0, Automation, Controls, Automation Engineering
- Function: Systems Test Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 09 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29129/001_1631195827
£Negotiable + Bonus + Healthcare Scheme
We are currently looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join a successful, established and growing organisation who deliver quality products to various organisations within the defence sector. This is a permanent role based in the East Midlands with a negotiable salary dependent on experience and a monthly bonus scheme.
Reporting to senior management, the successful candidate will lead a small team of automation engineers, who will specialise in taking the company forward on its journey through Industry 4.0.
Helping to identify what aspects of our assemblies can be automated, the successful candidate will lead the team in designing, manufacturing and building the solutions internally, utilising our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility; and will see projects through from inception to completion/commissioning.
This role is a varied and challenging mix of both overseeing projects, and direct project involvement. The company are keen to up-skill their existing automation engineers and the successful candidate will aid in this goal.
- In-depth knowledge of many aspects of automation. This would include pneumatics, hydraulics, electrics, and PLC/HMI controls and/or SCADA.
- Ideally you hold a Degree in Engineering with equivalent automation experience (subjects are open to mechanical, electrical, robotics or manufacturing engineering etc), but they will also consider HNC/HND`s or similar level qualifications in the same fields.
- PLC and HMI knowledge and programming skills.
- Proven Automation experience.
- Automation system design experience.
- Ideally have Team Leader/management experience
The company are an established, fast growing business who are a leading company who supply products to the defence sector. They have got a strong client based and are trusted worldwide. They will offer you a challenging role with a chance to develop into a team leader management role in the future.