- Sector: Chemicals
- Function: Buyer
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 08 July 2021
- Job Ref: 28564/001_1623139984
BUYER- Global FMCG Business
12 month FTC
Paying £35,000- £40,000+ Package
We are working a fantastic new role for an International Consumer goods business who are looking for a Buyer to join their team on an initial 12 month Fixed term Contract!
Reporting to the UK Purchasing Manager, The buyer will be a key member of the team and support and manage the purchasing and delivery of raw materials, components and projects for the immediate and long term strategy of the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that raw materials are procured and delivered on time to meet scheduled production requirements.
- build relationships with suppliers in terms of reducing delivery lead times and increasing payment terms
- High visibility on site to help resolve day to day supply issues
- Support all supplier enquiries, especially with regards to immediate resolving of invoice queries, ensuring swift, effective payment to suppliers
- Undertake regular supplier review meetings and improve the current supplier rating criteria process
To be considered, they will need someone who fits the following key criteria;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a purchasing role
- Must have worked in a manufacturing environment
- ERP Systems experience (ideally SAP)
- Strong team player
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and integrate into the existing team
The business are a true market leader in their field and have an excellent track record for developing their people and providing routes for progression! If this role is of interest, then please don't hesitate to apply NOW!