- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Buyer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 17 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29043/002_1631869849
BUYER- GLOBAL ENGINEERING BUSINESS
Up to £32,000+ Package
We are working a fantastic new role for a leading Engineering business based on the Wirral who produce electrical products to a global customer base, who are looking for a Buyer to join their team! This role can offer excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career
Reporting to the UK Purchasing Manager, the buyer will be give full on boarding and form a key member of the team! You will support and manage the purchasing and delivery of raw material for the immediate and long term strategy of the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that raw materials are procured and delivered on time to meet scheduled production requirements.
- build relationships with suppliers in terms of reducing delivery lead times and increasing payment terms
- High visibility on site to help resolve day to day supply issues
- Support all supplier enquiries, especially with regards to immediate resolving of invoice queries, ensuring swift, effective payment to suppliers
- Undertake regular supplier review meetings and improve the current supplier rating criteria process
To be considered, they will need someone who fits the following key criteria;
- It is essential you have a minimum of 12 months experience in purchasing
- Must have gained this experience in a manufacturing/ engineering environment
- Strong IT understanding
- Strong team player
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and integrate into the existing team
The business are a true market leader in their field and have an excellent track record for developing their people and providing routes for progression! If this role is of interest, then please don't hesitate to apply NOW!