£25000 - £35000 per annum
2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
I'm working with a premium contract manufacturer of personal care products. This is a business who create products for a number of luxury brands along with mass market products. They have recently gone through a few big company changes in order to futureproof the business and it's an exciting time to join.
They are currently looking to strengthen their already impressive R&D team with 2 new Chemists.
- To work in a customer facing role, taking NPD briefs and providing costings for formulations.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and stay at the forefront of ingredient innovation and technologies.
- Having a total understanding of how laboratory methods of manufacture will be reproduced in the process environment, ensuring that laboratory methods are reliable, reproducible and efficient for purpose
- Develop products to meet the needs of the customer/consumer/business matching benchmark performance, claims, critical path and all relevant requirements.
- Managing stability, user trials, challenge tests, claim substantiation and all required external testing including potential third party data.
- Working closely with operations team identifying and actioning methods of improving manufacturing efficiency and responsible for the pilots and first production batches.
- Be familiar and understand industry regulations and general legal/customer requirements.
- Investigating and solving production problems relating to product together with the relevant teams in QA, process and production.
- Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your line manager.
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience working with hair and skin care formulations. Ideally experienced in natural formulations with good knowledge of Soil Association regulations.
- Educated to degree level in Chemistry or Cosmetic Science
- A passion for cosmetics
For more info get in touch with Dan at Core Talent