£50000 - £55000 per annum + high bonus, pension
30 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Are you looking to work with a leading, global manufacturer who has their employees at their core?
I am working with a very profitable and industry leading manufacturing organisation which supplies speciality products into the global market to recruit a Mechanical Engineer for a site in the North West.. This is a business with very high levels of training and development which is filled with talented professionals. THIS IS A DAYS BASED POSITION.
- Promote and maintain a high regard for Safety in all that you do
- Generate implement new Engineering Standards and ensure compliance with them to contain and minimise risks
- Identify, design and implement improvements within maintenance and operations to deliver SHE, Quality Availability and cost targets.
- Provide Technical Mechanical Engineering expertise to our Maintenance and Production teams.
- Identify, design and implement improvements in mechanical components or systems to deliver improvements in SHE, product quality, plant availability and cost
- Provide Technical support and coaching of Graduate Engineers, Maintenance Technicians/Apprentices
- Manage the design, installation and commissioning processes in minor projects to ensure that they meet their SHE, Quality, Plan & Cost targets
- Provide Mechanical Engineering expertise as part of a multi-disciplined team on major projects
- Ensure systems are in place to ensure any new projects are integrated into the existing CMMS to ensure smooth handover to the Plant Operations and Maintenance teams
- Lead root cause analysis of equipment failures utilising Maintenance Investigation Reports (MIR) to identify root cause and implement mitigation measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Proven Technical knowledge of mechanical equipment specific to a Production Plant focused on rotating equipment such as pumps, centrifuges et
- Proven Technical knowledge of core fluid mechanics including the design and operation of pumped systems
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean etc..
- Have a demonstrable high level of attention to detail
- Self-Motivator, able to manage time/workload against conflicting priorities
- Strong communication skills and experience of technical report writing