Bradford, West Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum
4 months ago
Bradford - Bespoke equipment
£30,000 - £35,000
Our client, a global engineering business specialising in bespoke machinery based in Bradford is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Director, the Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team right away working on a wide range of different projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Adapting standard machines to client specifications
- Producing design and subsequent manufacturing drawings and related documentation
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Working with customers to design full machines from initial blank sheet concept to manufacture
- Designing systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Be educated to at least HND level (Degree preferable)
- 2+ years Design Engineer experience in a manufacturing/precision engineering environment
- Experience with CAD software - SolidWorks preferred but will consider other packages if all other requirements met
- Experience working with complex machinery/rotating equipment is essential
- Demonstrable experience of detailed precision design, tolerances and limits/fits.
Our client is very well established in the market and market leaders of their bespoke product. They are looking for an ambitious, dynamic design engineer to join their team immediately.