Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits!
about 1 month ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Oldham - Specialist Manufacturing Business
£30,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits
Our client, a global manufacturing business that provide specialist equipment into a range of different industries, are looking for an ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer to join their fast growing team.
Reporting directly to the head of Design, the Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team right away working on a wide range of different projects. You will be coming into a fast paced manufacturing environment that provide highly bespoke products compromised of a range of different materials including aluminium extrusion, sheet metal, injection moulding and electronics.
In this interesting and varied role, the Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing projects of varying value (£5000- to £200,000 in value) to meet performance, operational and cost specifications.
- Continually identifying, implementing, monitoring and updating processes and practices to ensure a high standard of consistency with design philosophies.
- Generating designs and drawings that are of optimum quality.
- Customer and supplier liaison in order to ensure projects are delivered on time and to the desired standard
As Design engineer, you will need to be highly motivated and career focused. On top of being a strong communicator and well organised, key criteria for the role will include;
- Be educated to at least HND level (Degree preferable)
- Experience with fabrication/ sheet metal would be beneficial
- 2+ years Design Engineer experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience with CAD Packages (SolidWorks preferred but not essential)
- Strong communication skills across a range of different levels
Our client is very well established in the market with global offices and international customers for their diverse range of products. They are looking for an ambitious, dynamic design engineer to join their team immediately. If this sounds like you then please apply now.