Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
19 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
GLOBAL PRECISION ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£25,000- £30,000 + Benefits
We are currently looking for a dynamic and ambitious Design Engineer for one of the UKs fastest growing Engineering businesses.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will be an integral member of the team, working with key Blue Chip customers. Receiving full training, you will work closely with the Project team to understand the Plant layout specifications, turning concepts into layout designs
Once trained, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with project engineers to understand design parameters from concept through to production validation.
- Investigating design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchange ability, cost, operational efficiency.
- Customer technical liaison on new projects, ensuring that the designs meet the customer's requirements and often exceed their expectations and remain competitive to achieve sales growth and increase market share.
The Design Engineer will need to be a strong team player with a willingness to develop their skills. Key criteria for this Design Engineer role will be as follows;
- Minimum 1 years experience in a Design engineering position
- Experience working with sheet metal based products/ components
- Experience using Solid works or Solid Edge preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline would be an advantage
Our client is a leading Engineering business that are well established in the market and supply internationally. They are renowned for excellent development and training and offer strong career development and are looking to bring someone into their successful team immediately.