Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
12 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
INDUSTRY LEADING MANUFACTURING BUSINESS
£30,000- £35,000 + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Our client, a highly regarded manufacturing business that provide an extensive portfolio of bespoke products to a global customer base, are looking for an ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer to join their fast growing team!
Reporting directly to the head of Design, the Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team and be given the opportunity to get involved immediately in significant projects. The successful applicant will be working with a range of materials including Sheet Metal/ Aluminium extrusion/ Acrylic etc.
In this interesting and varied role, the Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing projects of varying value (£5000- to £200,000 in value) to meet performance, operational and cost specifications.
- Attention to detail in creating designs for ease of manufacture and accuracy of technical drawings.
- Produce fabrication drawings, Bills of Materials and Cutting Lists for the manufacturing team.
- Continually identifying, implementing, monitoring and updating processes and practices to ensure a high standard of consistency with design philosophies.
- Generating designs and drawings that are of optimum quality.
- Customer and supplier liaison in order to ensure projects are delivered on time and to the desired standard
As Design engineer, you will need to be highly motivated and career focused. On top of being a strong communicator and well organised, key criteria for the role will include;
- 2 years'+ Mechanical Design Engineering experience
- Background working with sheet metal/ Extrusion would be beneficial
- Solidworks proficiency
- Able to work at fast pace meet deadlines and under pressure
- Educated to HNC or above in relevant discipline
Our client is very well established in the market with global offices and international customers for their diverse range of products. They are looking for an ambitious, dynamic design engineer to join their team immediately. If this sounds like you then please apply now.