Halifax, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Design Engineer - Precision Engineering business
£35,000 - £40,000
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Dynamic Design Engineer to join one of Europe's leading manufacturers and suppliers of precision engineered valves.
Our client is one of the UK's leading engineering business in their market and supply internationally. They are renowned for their excellent development and training with a real focus on career development and progression. They are looking to bring someone into their already successful team immediately.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, the Design Engineer will be a leading part of the team working across a variety of new products that the business are looking to bring to market in 2019. Receiving full, ongoing training you will work closely with the Project team to propose and develop unmatched engineering solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Investigating design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchange ability, cost and operational efficiency.
- Producing design and subsequent manufacturing drawings and related documentation
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Aid in developing and maintaining strong customer relations by communicating with the customer on a technical level where necessary to aid growth within existing channels.
- Educated to at least HNC level (Degree preferred but not essential)
- 2 years+ experience in a precision engineering environment
- Proficient in CAD Packages (Inventor preferred but not essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Ambitious individual keen to progress within the business