Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Mechanical Design Engineer - Special Purpose Machinery
£30,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits
Our client, a global engineering business is looking for an experienced mechanical design engineer to join their expanding team to help support and continue their recent sustained period of growth.
In joining this company you will be impacting the world in important ways. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager the Mechanical Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team working across a variety of different sized projects for a range of different companies globally.
You will be responsible for:
- Create, draft and design new products and components using customer specification and recommendations
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Carry out stress analysis including hand calculations
- Designing systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Trouble-shooting production problems
- Educated to at least HND level (Degree preferred but not essential)
- 3+ years Mechanical Design Engineering experience
- Experience with CAD software (Proficiency in Inventor would be beneficial)
- Background in Special Purpose Machinery/Fabrications would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills across a range of different levels
Our client is a long established company with 40 years of history. The company is one of the UK's leading manufacturers of their product and supply internationally. Our client have a strong focus on personal development and progression and are looking to bring someone in immediately that wants to challenge themselves and grow with the business.