£34000 - £38000 per annum
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Mechanical Design Engineer
Derby / South Yorkshire
c£34,000 - c£38,000 based on experience
Role is well positioned and commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield and southern Sheffield
Due to business growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading Automotive manufacturer based in the Derbyshire area. The business are looking for someone to both help modify existing product ranges but also introduce new and innovative product lines.
As Design you will generate innovative and practical design solutions to develop new products and improve the existing range. Innovation is required but designs must be robust and meet the required standards and use DFM principles. You will participate in design reviews and use design verification. Liaison will be required with internal colleagues, suppliers and customers to optimise design and material selection. Good project management skills are required to meet deadlines and timescales.
Applicants for the Design Engineer role will be -
- Qualified to HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline, ideally Mechanical Engineering or Product Design
- Possess a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and product design processes.
- Experienced in the design or mechanical components, moving parts and/or medium BOM products
- It is essential that you have at least 3 years' experience with 3D CAD systems, ideally Soldworks. However candidates with experience of other packages such as Inventor, Pro Engineer, Catia etc will be considered
- Ideally you will have experience working in an automotive, aerospace or highly regulated industry
Our client is a market leading Automotive supplier that works with a number of global OEMs and offer fantastic routes for progression and development.