£35000 - £40000 per annum
3 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
£35,000 - £40,000
We are currently recruiting a Design Engineer for a prestigious Automotive business based in the Crewe area. The business have an outstanding reputation in the market and are renowned for excellent development and training. The business offer strong career development and are looking to bring someone into their successful team immediately. This role is well positioned in North West and commutable from Crewe, Stoke, Warrington, Cheshire and South Manchester.
Our client is looking to add a Design Engineer to their talented team with extensive industry and Design knowledge. You will take ownership of a number of Design Projects from cradle to grave.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of all design activities from concept through to production validation.
- The robust design of products in accordance with the department procedures
- Investigating design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency.
- Preparation of Project Engineering data for new product assemblies and components, eg 3D / 2D Drawings, BOM's, Technical Specifications
- Customer technical liaison on new projects, ensuring that the designs meet the customer's requirements and often exceed their expectations and remain competitive to achieve sales growth and increase market share.
- Planning and preparation of internal and external prototype samples, e.g. ordering of external supplier components and management of internal samples and prototype manufacture.
- Qualified to HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline, ideally Mechanical or Product Design
- You must possess a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and product design processes.
- It is essential that you have at least 2 years' experience designing using 3D CAD (any 3D CAD Package viable, Solidworks, Inventor or Pro Engineer)
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Degree educated within Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Product Design
- Exposure to SolidWorks and / or SolidEdge
- Experience of managing Projects from cradle to grave
- Experience working in an Automotive type environment such as passenger vehicle, truck, bus, or commercial vehicle at OEM or Tier 1 level
- Comfortable with Automotive Core Tools such as DFMEA, PFMEA etc
Our client is a leading automotive business that are well established in the market and supply the market globally. They are renowned for excellent development and training and offer strong career development and are looking to bring someone into their successful team immediately.
For Search Purposes Only:
Design Engineer, Project Engineer, CAD Engineer, Automotive, TS16949, Car, Passenger Vehicle, Truck, Bus, Vehicle, Commercial, Van, Motorhome, Caravan