Stockport, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £40000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits
13 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Design Engineer - Stockport
£35,000 - £40,000
Special Purpose Machinery
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our client - a global manufacturer of special purpose machinery and other complex equipment.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, you - the design engineer will be an integral part of the team right away helping to turn client concepts into fully functioning manufactured products.
Your key responsibilities include:
- To be an acknowledged product specialist for part of the company's product range.
- Deal effectively with design problems to ensure efficient and profitable manufacture
- Provide a technical advice service to Sales and Service staff in the field and follow up when necessary with suppliers to investigate any unusual problems that may be causing difficulty.
- Qualified to at least HNC level (Degree preferred but not essential)
- Proficient in CAD packages (Inventor preferred but not essential)
- 3+ years' design engineering experience within a precision engineering environment
- Special Purpose Machinery experience would be extremely beneficial
- Excellent communication skills across different levels within a business
Our client is a rapidly growing business who supply internationally into a range of different industries. Due to their recent period of sustained growth - they are looking for an experienced design engineer to join their team immediately!