Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
6 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Our client, a global engineering business specialising in bespoke equipment based in Leeds is looking for a dynamic Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team right away working on a wide range of different projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and develop a brand new range of products from concept through to manufacture.
- Deal effectively with design problems to ensure efficient and profitable manufacture
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Designing products based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Be educated to at least HND level (Degree preferable)
- 2+ years Mechanical Design Engineer experience in a manufacturing/precision engineering environment
- Experience with CAD software - SolidWorks Preferred
- Have a good solid Mechanical Engineering background/knowledge
Our client is very well established in the market and supply into a range of different industries. They are renowned for excellent development and training and offer strong career development and are looking for an ambitious, dynamic mechanical design engineer to join their team immediately.