Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
5 months ago
£30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Our client, a global engineering business specialising in bespoke equipment based in Manchester is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Director, the Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team right away working on a wide range of different projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Adapting standard machines to client specifications
- Producing design and subsequent manufacturing drawings and related documentation
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Deal effectively with design problems to ensure efficient and profitable manufacture
- Be educated to at least HND level (Degree preferable)
- 2+ years Design Engineer experience in a manufacturing/precision engineering environment
- Experience with CAD software - SolidWorks preferred but will consider other packages if all other requirements met
- Background working with Sheet metal/ fabrications/ machined components would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of detailed precision design, tolerances and limits/fits would be beneficial
Our client is very well established in the market and market leaders of their bespoke product. They are looking for an ambitious, dynamic design engineer to join their team immediately.