Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£70000 - £80000 per annum + + bonus + excellent benefits
16 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
DESIGN ENGINEERING MANAGER- PRECISION ENGINEERING
Up to £80,000+ Bonus +Excellent Benefits
Our client, a specialist engineering business providing bespoke products on a global scale, are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Design Manager that will be responsible for developing business critical solutions as well as leading a team of experienced Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven leader to assist in the development and support of all technical matters relating to mechanical design and system integration.
Reporting directly to the Site Director, You will be an integral member of the team, responsible for overseeing both Mechanical and Technical Engineers. You will have direct responsibility for the design, efficiency and quality of all products. Other ket responsibilities will include:
- Research into new technologies and industry best practice, providing the creative spark needed to bring together core technology, system design and mechanical system design to deliver highly integrated system solutions.
- Maintain, support and improve existing standard product platforms
- Continual improvement of the Non-Standard Make to Order and Engineer to Order system solutions
- Design processes leading to sustain high levels of customer satisfaction (Enquiry / Quotation Turn-a-round, On Time Delivery of Drawing Packages, Reduced Lead-time, Right First Time Design, Productivity, etc.)
- Collaboration with other key stakeholders to shape global material handling design solutions. Entails harmonise modular designs, CAD systems / interfaces to ERP and supply chains to achieve customer FAB, efficiencies and cost reductions
- Manage & support team roughly of 20-25 Design/Technical Engineers
- Overall running of Engineering department identifying issues & reacting in time
You will need to possess the following;
- Experienced in Safe Mechanical Design, conducting Risk Assessments and ensuring designs meet regulatory and industry requirement
- Good knowledge of fabrication, welding, casting, vacuum forming etc.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, problem solving and communication skills.
- FEA modelling capabilities e.g. mechanical, thermal stress.
- Strong knowledge of CAD software (Inventor / SolidWorks)
The business are an industry leader and operate on a truly global scale. They have undergone sustained year on year growth for a number of years and are set to continue to do so, with the launch of a number of new key products in 2018 & 2019. The successful candidate will be joining a well established senior management team and benefit from genuine opportunities for career progression and development. If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please apply now!