- Sector: EC&I, Automation, Engineering & Manufacturing, Automation Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical
- Function: Electrical Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 28 August 2022
- Job Ref: 30697/001_1659101628
EC&I Design Engineer
Leading Hydrogen Power Business
£45,000- £55,000 + Hybrid working & excellent company package
We are currently looking for an EC&I Design Engineer for a global manufacturer of Hydrogen power solutions to customers across the world. They are going through a significant period of growth at their South Yorkshire facility and are looking for career driven engineers to join their skilled team.
Reporting to the head of engineering, the EC&I Design Engineer will help to ensure timely delivery and product support of electrical control systems for hydrogen storage and dispensing systems.
Creation of user requirements and functional design specifications in accordance with company standards.
- Development of control and safety concept.
- Definition of PLC automation system and software coding.
- Development and implementation of software/hardware upgrades for in-service plant.
- Development and execution of control system test plans (loop test, IO checking).
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- PLC software fault finding and modification.
- Participate in plant safety studies and design reviews (HAZOP/LOPA).
- Creation of automation project documentation (cause & effect, alarm lists, ITPs)
- This position will involve site work in the UK, travel may at times be required at short notice.
The ideal EC&I Design Engineer will be career driven and have a strong team focus. Key attributes for the role will be as follows;
Experienced working with industrial automation and electrical systems.
- Siemens PLCs, specifically S7-300/400/1200/1500.
- Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
- Programming in TIA Portal or Step 7 using one or more of the following programming languages ladder logic, CFC and SCL (experience with safety systems is advantageous).
- Experience with Profibus, ProfiNet and Modbus communication protocols (advantageous).
- Experienced working (and fault finding) in electrical panels.
- Experience with ATEX, pneumatic or hydraulic systems (advantageous.)
The company is a world leader in supplying advanced Hydrogen power solutions to a varied customer based across Europe. They are going through a period of unprecedented growth at their Yorkshire facility, making this an excellent time for an Electrical Design Engineer to be joining the business! If you are interested in this opportunity, then please apply NOW!