£35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits
about 1 month ago
We are currently looking for an Electrical Maintenance engineer for an globally successful and industry leading manufacturing business. This is a FMCG environment, highly rewarding with excellent opportunity for training and development.
THE ROLE: DAYS BASED
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the electrical maintenance engineer/technician will be responsible for:
- Electrical maintenance - able to establish and carry out electrical maintenance plans, supporting the preventative maintenance (PM) being carried out during maintenance shifts.
- Amend control and software documentation.
- Manage PLC and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Networks
- Reactive, proactive, mindset with strong problem solving ability.
- Continuous Improvement - Support improvement agenda for area utilising the correct tools and techniques to achieve Zero Losses.
- Electrical Skills - Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear) and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components.
- Install electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
- Project Management - Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Engineering.
- Must be operating at a skilled level in electrical disciplines and working experience of mechanical skill
- Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong coaching and communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Programme Logic Control qualifications and able to fault find, design and modify in control circuits applicable to the area of the role.
- FMCG background is desirable