- Sector: Construction
- Function: Quantity Surveyor
- Contact: Sarah Ford
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: January 2024
- Expiry Date: 18 February 2024
- Job Ref: 32522/001_1705662061
Job Title: Electrical Quantity Surveyor - Data Centre Project
Company: M&E sub-contractor
Job Type: Full-time
About Us: My client is a reputable subcontractor specialising in mechanical and electrical services for complex construction projects. We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join our dedicated team for an upcoming data centre project in the Netherlands.
Position Overview: As an Electrical Quantity Surveyor, you will be a key contributor to the success of our electrical packages on the data centre project. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in electrical quantity surveying, a solid understanding of construction contracts, and experience working on data centre projects. This role requires meticulous attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with project teams.
- Estimate and prepare accurate costings for electrical packages in alignment with project requirements.
- Collaborate with project teams to review and analyse electrical design specifications and drawings.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess progress, identify potential issues, and ensure adherence to budgetary constraints.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts with subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring favourable terms and conditions.
- Monitor project costs, identifying cost-saving opportunities and addressing any deviations from the budget.
- Work closely with the project management team to provide accurate financial forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and industry standards for electrical installations.
- Proven experience as an Electrical Quantity Surveyor in construction projects, with a focus on electrical packages.
- Familiarity with data centre construction projects is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts, electrical systems, and procurement processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Right to work in the Netherlands is a must.