- Sector: Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM
- Function: Group Engineering Director
- Contact: Jonathan Mulligan
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 05 February 2022
- Job Ref: 29694/001_1641488020
Electrification Director - North America - Michigan
The Director of Electrification - North America - Driveline Systems leads, directs and defines the business strategy of the electrification product engineering group based in Michigan, in alignment with the global electrification - driveline systems team. Accountable for building, establishing and developing the business strategy for the North American electrification team. Leads the business plan with technical perspective on market opportunities in the organization. Demonstrates by leading a dynamic team that pushes boundaries, innovates, and is passionate about being part of the transformation from traditional Powertrain to eMobility.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
* Overall responsibility for the North American Electrification business within the Driveline Systems group.
* Disciplinary lead of the cross functional teams working on electrification programs in North America.
* Provide leadership to North American, Electrification - Driveline Systems (eDS) team to improve culture of employee commitment, retention, & development.
* Ensures talent development and succession planning is in place for all people leaders and key technical positions.
* Plans, reports, and controls North American Electrification - Driveline Systems resources and financial budgets in alignment with the global organization.
* Supports the creation of the business plan with technical perspective on market opportunities and relevant investments and resources.
* Works with product management and customers to define and evolve product roadmaps.
* Actively supports the customer activities to win the defined top programs.
* Responsible to execute electrification programs within Quality /Timing /Cost targets.
* Responsible for business growth in North America.
* Develop and execute electrification strategy for North America supporting the global strategy in line with MPT strategy.
* Enhance the North American divisions to build up competencies and flexible manufacturing organizations.
* Practice and maintain integrity while following and upholding Magna's Charter and Constitution.
* Follow and uphold Magna's Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
* Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
* Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
* Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
* Health & Safety responsibilities with associated tasks
* Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
* Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering or relevant technical field; Master's preferred.
* 10 years powertrain experience with focus on electric drivetrain systems development for volume production; 5 years leading large teams.
* Professional experience in more than one of Magna Powertrain's operating regions is strongly desired.
* Substantial know-how in project and product management.
* Powertrain-specific customer and market knowledge.
* Understanding of manufacturing processes used for powertrain systems.
* Experience with safety-relevant powertrain and control systems.
* Proven ability to work in complex matrix organizations.
* Ability to motivate and affect cultural change in large and diverse teams.
* Understanding of financial models and methods used in manufacturing companies.
* Entrepreneurial spirit.
* Strategic thinking and action.
* Conflict Management and inter-cultural understanding.
* Ability to drive discipline and accountability across large organizations.Strong analytical competences including problem solving
* Strong negotiation skills