Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus/ Excellent benefits
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
BUYER- GLOBAL ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£30,000- £40,000+ BONUS & BENEFITS ***
Excellent NEW OPPORTUNITY! My client, a globally recognised Engineering business, are looking for an Engineering Buyer to join their procurement team.
As the Engineering Buyer, will be reporting directly to the purchasing Manager, focusing on leading a category within engineered parts/ fabrications and sub contract work. The role will have a strategic focus and will require the ability to identify and manage key suppliers for the business. You will be taking on strategic responsibilities and acting on findings to negotiate on cost, place orders and manage the supplier base. Key duties will include-
- Supplier selection and sourcing strategies including new supplier development
- Rationalisation of suppliers using the parent group to increase leverage
- Be Responsible for initiating Supplier Development projects for preferred Suppliers
- VAVE activity and report all cost saving activity against agreed targets
- Develop high performance relationships with key internal/external stakeholders.
- As Engineering Buyer, continued validation of customer demand profile.
The ideal Engineering Buyer will have strong communication skills and a proven track record in a purchasing role. Criteria for consideration will include the following;
- Minimum 2 years+ experience
- Experience working in an engineering environment is essential
- Experience of buying machined parts/ handling sub-contractors agreements
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications a distinct advantage
- Strong IT skills
- Educated to HNC level or above and/ or CIPS qualified would be preferred
The Company is a renowned and well established engineering manufacturing business. They are now in the process of revolutionising the supply chain function and are investing in the continued growth of the team. Joining this business will present genuine opportunities for further growth and development. If interested, please apply now!