- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Project Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 25 December 2021
- Job Ref: 29532/001_1637848939
Global Manufacturing Business (Industrial products)
£60,000+ Car+ Bonus + Benefits
Fantastic opportunity! This role is working for a leading Manufacturing business who supply specialist Industrial products to a wide ranging customer base across the world! It's a unique opportunity that will provide the role holder an opportunity to make a real impact as part of the site leadership team AND can provide genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
The role will be responsible for leading the engineering function; managing team leaders across Maintenance, Projects and Process Improvements. Reporting to the Site Manager, you will monitor progress and performance against the project plan; identify and resolve problems and minimize delays. Key duties will focus around;
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop the process and maintenance team to ensure that tasks are completed on-time, within budget and according to project specifications
- Coach and mentor project staff and assist them to solve problems.
- Develop scope projects through preparation on behalf of the project sponsor and develop project requirements together with the process engineers.
- Plan and drive all activities of a project and of the project engineers in order to achieve successful outcomes for highly complex engineering and/or process development projects.
- Set maintenance standards and manage the PPM/TPM requirements for the site.
- Make work packages, descriptions, estimate and calculate costs. Support suppliers' selection and management of contractors, taking account of the HSEQ factors.
The ideal Engineering Manager will need to have strong communication skills and be career driven. Key requirements for the role will include;
- Experienced leading/ managing Engineering functions
- Exposure to High volume, fast paced manufacturing environments (Industrial/ FMCG/ Packaging for example)
- Ideally have led maintenance teams before moving into wider engineering management
- Compliance with all relevant legislation (engineering, HSE, etc)
- Must be educated to HNC level or above (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline
The successful candidate will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is newly created role and there are already plans in place to for promotion opportunities. If you are interested, then please apply now!