Greater Manchester, England
£43000 - £44000 per annum + bonus, healthcare, pension
4 days ago
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role involves working for a highly successful, complex Food/Drink Manufacturing site in a highly automated environment.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager you will be part of the maintenance team. Key responsibilities for the electrical maintenance engineer include;
- To maintain the machines in good order
- To carry out small to medium works
- To liaise with the Operations Manager on larger maintenance jobs or projects and to supervise any subcontractors that may be used to carry out the work.
- To maintain production plant and equipment.
- To diagnose any electrical failure including PLC fault finding
- To undertake repairs as necessary.
- To change worn parts that are reducing the performance of the equipment
- To diagnose when preventative maintenance may be required and to carry out and document the necessary work.
- To liaise with suppliers when required to repair and / or maintain equipment.
- Experience in an fast paced manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of the engineering process
- Preferably Electrically bias, however Mechanically bias candidates who are keen to gain electrical knowledge will also be considered
- Ambition to progress