- Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Cost Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 24 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29213/001_1632477364
£negotiable dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a skilled Estimator for our prestigious client who specialise in within clean air technologies within the pharmaceutical sector. The company are based in Greater Manchester and are offering a permanent role with a hybrid of office based and work from home options with salaries negotiable dependent on experience.
- You will be responsible for preparing technical quotation packages for bespoke pharmaceutical containment equipment
- Prepare technical quotation packages from deciphering both the client URS and equipment design concepts prepared together with the wider team.
- To prepare Budgetary or Formal quotation packages, dependant on the progress of the tender process.
- Bring technical queries to the attention of the wider team as appropriate.
- Prioritise the workload, ensuring deadlines are maintained consistently.
- Prepare and progress subcontractor and equipment vendor enquiry's, looking for 'Best Value' both commercially and technically.
- Prepare Costings and Technical Specifications ensuring they are accurate and comprehensive by utilising data from recent projects or acquiring new data from internal or 3rd party sources.
- Work effectively and proactively with the wider Operations Team to ensure that supplier activity is controlled and approved.
- To realise or establish any potential risks to project cost or delivery and ensure consideration is factored into the quotation.
- Adjust estimates and proposals in the light of changing circumstances.
- Effectively communicate with a variety of nationalities and cultures.
- To prepare required internal documentation for, and actively take part in, sales to operations project handovers.
- Any other reasonable activity requested by line manager or Directors.
- Experience in the preparation of budgetary and/or formal costings and quotations for machinery/bespoke equipment.
- Have a basic understanding of engineering principles, fabrication and materials of construction.
- A basic knowledge of electrical, control and instrumentation principles would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of containment systems and their applications and/or knowledge of other pharmaceutical equipment would be advantageous.
- Experience of MS Office software, specifically MS Word and Excel.
The company are a well-known clean air technology company who specialise within the pharmaceutical sector. They have been pioneers within clean air technology for decades and are continuing to grow as they have just secured a number of new projects they have to fulfil
The company offers you a great development pathway into senior management and they pride themselves on employee satisfaction and retention.