Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
19 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
GLOBAL ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£45,000- £55,000+ excellent benefits
Excellent new opportunity for an experienced, analytical Financial Controller to join a leading precision engineering business as a key member of their senior finance and accounting team. The opportunity will have excellent prospects for career development and progression!
Managing a small team, the Financial Controller will report directly to the Global Finance Director and will be an integral part of the senior team. Key responsibilities of the financial controller will include;
- Providing adequate and cost effective safeguards to company assets, including ensuring the maintenance of internal accounting and management controls,
- compliance with all applicable tax and other laws and regulations to prevent fines or other impairment of company assets
- appropriate assistance to management in maintaining cash, controlling expenses and maximizing returns to preserve value of the company
- Insuring the proper, relevant and timely internal and external financial reporting, including constant review, assessment and refinement of such reporting to meet strategic objectives
- Leading and mentoring Europe financial shared services and Leading continuous improvement of processes and work flows throughout the company as appropriate.
- Drive cash management - implement and monitor systems to effectively forecast cash position and maximize return on idle cash to minimize borrowing.
- Implement Fx hedging strategies consistent with Corporate policy which minimize Fx risk
- Overseeing tactical operations of external auditors, actuaries, financial institutions and property/liability/casualty insurance brokers/carriers.
- Ensuring that all tax returns, deposits and filings are completed properly and in a timely manner.
- As Financial Controller, Ensuring that all audits and compliance reporting are completed properly and in a timely manner.
The ideal Financial Controller will need to have strong communication skills and high levels of attention to detail. You will be an exceptional accountant, hands on with company finances and commercially aware. Key attributes for consideration will include;
- 5 years+ experience managing an accounting function within a manufacturing environment
- Extremely strong analytical, research, and financial modeling skills
- Experience working with supporting reporting and other requirements for a U.S. based parent (U.S. GAAP)
- Current Passport holder- travel to Switzerland Facility will be required
- Ability to effectively influence key decision makers to support recommended areas of opportunity
- Capable of communicating summarized results clearly and concisely
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor Degree in accounting or related field of study
A globally recognised Engineering business and a market leader in their field; The right Financial Controller for this role will be given full autonomy to make key decisions within the business and will also benefit from industry leading training and development, with excellent opportunities for future career progression. You will also benefit from fantastic benefits and company incentives.
If you are interested in this Financial Controller opportunity, then please apply now.