- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Software Engineer
- Contact: Callum McGoldrick
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 20 August 2022
- Job Ref: 30695/001_1658414570
Firmware Quality Engineer
£65,000 - £70,000pa
Core Talent are currently looking for a Firmware Quality Engineer to join an engineering company based in the South East Hampshire area. They design touchscreens, force sensing and touch less user interface products using their own patented technology for the Automotive, Industrial and Healthcare industries. Their customer base in international, bringing unrivalled experience in the design, development and deployment of HMI, capacitive touch and innovative microcontroller technology to their customers.
This role can be considered in two main parts:
1. Helping to develop new features to meet market requirements in embedded on
RISC-V based platforms.
2. Guide and support the engineering team to deliver firmware that follows the
Automotive SPICE processes.
This role could therefore be summarised as:
An embedded firmware engineer first and foremost
Providing guidance in Automotive SPICE processes:
- Setting up the required tools and processes to achieve certification
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Monitoring process adherence and code quality on a continuous basis
Attention to detail to ensure that quality solutions are produced over multiple build
The successful candidate will spend the majority of their time split between writing C code to
implement new features and working to improve development processes to achieve
Automotive SPICE certification.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer, or Electronics Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or 5+ years of equivalent experience in software or electronics based engineering projects.
- Expert in Embedded C development.
- Familiarity with code versioning systems such as Git and SVN.
- Familiarity with Automotive SPICE and other quality and development processes related to the automotive industry.
- Hands-on experience of software unit testing.
- Hands-on experience creating test environments to evaluate functional performance
- High-level of numeracy.
- Experience of working within an ISO 9000 framework with version controls.
- Demonstrable record of project completion.
- Value code quality and associated processes.
- Have in-depth knowledge on Automotive SPICE processes
- Drive the engineering team to improve code quality and processes.
- Have a passion for code quality and processes.
- Have a "can-do" attitude to problem solving.
- Be a keen learner in order to increase and maintain our technical edge.
- Be highly practical.
- Biased towards gregarious and outgoing nature.
- Work comfortably within a small team.
- Have a professional manner with customers and become a subject matter expert.
- Be adept at reading customer situations that require delicate handling.
- Be able to create high quality, concise reports and status presentations.
- Take a leading role in investigating new and improved tools and equipment.
- Show attention to detail and consistency in everything you do.
- Have a work ethic that makes you want to deliver the same quality and service to our customers that you would want yourself.
- Take the initiative when things need to get done.
- Volunteer to take ownership of problems without prompting.