£30000 - £40000 per annum + Package
4 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Food fortification is the process of enriching foods with micro nutrients.
You can take a product such as children's cereal and add vitamins, minerals, fibres, iron etc and all of a sudden the product becomes more marketable due to the increased nutrition content which is on trend with consumer demand.
I'm working with one of the market leaders in food fortifications who work with global players in the beverage, cereal, confectionery, infant food, sports nutrition industries.
Think juices with added B vitamins, protein enriched waters, cereals with a label full of micronutrients.
If you see these on a supermarket shelf then chances are that they use a premix developed by this company.
- Support the technical and sales team in new and existing projects for formulation
- Translate customer briefs into premix recipes for customers.
- Working with the quotation team to have products priced correctly.
- Build expertise on functional ingredients, nutrients to be kept up to date on market trends
- Support other departments for customer, ISO, FSSC, Kosher and Halal audits if requested
- Provide technical inputs for supplier raw material approval
- New premix recipe development, identifying and delivering innovative solutions to customers
- Support sales team on technical issues/discussions with customers
- Provide inputs for improvements of the internal formulation system software
- Educated to Degree level within Nutrition or Food Science
- Knowledge of Vitamin & Mineral Industry and / or nutritional ingredients
- Knowledge of food and industry related legislation would be an advantage
- Knowledge of beverage, cereals, sports nutrition markets would be an advantage
For more info get in touch with Dan at Core Talent