Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £42000 per annum
about 2 months ago
A leading multinational aerospace business based close to Birmingham are looking to recruit an Indirect Buyer. Due to continued growth, the business is expanding their supply chain team and is in need of a dynamic, proactive and assertive Purchasing professional to manage a large spend across several sites dealing with non production and services.
As an Indirect Buyer you will be responsible for managing a large spend and will liaise with multiple Plant Managers.
Your role will involve understanding of supplier performance in respect to new product introductions, quality, cost, risk and management. You will be visiting suppliers as well as using initiative and industry knowledge to build on relationships. There are elements of domestic and international travel involved in this role.
Key responsibilities include -
- Managing all indirect spend areas including Facilities, Utilities, Industrial Supplies, Office Supplies, Packaging, Labour Contract etc
- Effectively build and manage relationships and in line with category strategies
- Managing costs (should-cost models, cost reductions, value creation, etc) and driving savings which will show in the P&L
- Follows and implements processes and procedures as required that ensure improved purchasing performance in a timely and effective manner
- Monitoring supplier performance using agreed metrics and be responsible for communication and monitoring of improvement plans
- Letting rules of engagement with divisions / country organisations (including subsequent control of compliance)
Based in the Birmingham area, as Indirect Buyer my client are looking for candidates with the below experience -
It is essential you are experienced in Indirect Procurement and have at least 2 years experience in industry. You should have a minimum of CIPS Level 4 but be open to developing this in to full MCIPS. You should have strong stakeholder and relationship management skills and a confident negotiator.
- Indirect Procurement of at least 3 years
- Industry experience in Aerospace or Automotive Manufacturing
- Strong Negotiator
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Degree educated, ideally in Business, Economics, Engineering, Law or other relevant field
- CIPS Level 4
The successful candidate will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is role and there are plans in place to for promotion opportunities. This is a unique opportunity, if you are interested, please apply now!