- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Business Development Manager
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 02 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29078/001_1630593020
Inside Sales Engineer
Up to £30,000 dependent on experience
We are currently looking for an experienced sales engineer for a rapidly expanding precision engineering business that has seen rapid growth over the past few years. This role is based in Manchester on a permanent basis with a salary of up to £30,000 dependent on experience.
You will be responsible for growing the company's sales by dealing with customer enquiries to provide accurate both technical and commercial information and advice in a professional and timely manner. Other responsibilities include:
- Generate leads; qualifying the interest of your customers and identifying the best route to progress the potential opportunity via Key Account Managers, Distribution, Webstore etc
- Support the Express and Distribution Support teams, providing customer handling cover and peak period support.
- Handle customer technical enquiries professionally, escalating to a more senior company representative where necessary to ensure that customer and company expectations are met.
- Develop good business relationships with key customer contacts to ensure long term commitment to IMI Precision Engineering and identify areas for growth.
- Ensuring high level of selling effectiveness via our e-platform (Webstore, app etc) and telesales activities to maximize business opportunities with customers.
- Schedule informational calls and meetings with prospective or current customer contacts for self or field-based sales staff.
- Liaise with our overseas warehouse, workshop, and factories to verify the status of orders, or technical information, via phone or email, in English.
- Work with our core business ERP, CRM, and Telephony systems in line with requirements.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar technical B2B telephone sales or customer services role role, with a track record in generating viable leads, buidling relationships and information gathering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Ability in technical functions of the IMI Precision Engineering product range.
- Strong administrative skills set specifically in self organisation, data handling related to orders entries, logistics follow up, etc.
- Ability to conduct effective needs analysis meeting with customers and prospects.
- Strong customer-driven mindset and commercial acumen
- You will pride yourself on your ability to quickly establish rapport, your attention to detail and your ability to meet targets.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Business English (spoken and written).
The company is a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies with a long history of innovation and technical excellence. They have got a global outreach with a service network across 75 different countries. The company are offering a fast paced role where you can develop your skillset and learn about new products.