- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Logistics Manager
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 15 December 2021
- Job Ref: 28926/002_1636994761
INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS CONTROLLER
GLOBAL CHEMICALS MANUFACTURER
£35,000- £38,000+ Package
I am seeking a skilled Logistics Controller for a leading manufacturing business. Due to a significant increase in output, this is a newly created role for a blue chip manufacturing business with a global presence. The successful candidate will not only be joining a growing business, but also one that is renowned for developing and investing in their people and their systems.
As a Global Logistics controller your key remit will be to ensure the direct delivery of products to 4 major markets. You will be working in partnership with key external transport providers, ensuring service level remains above the required standard.
- Safety Focused: Ensure the safe and legal movement of all products
- Customer Focused: Understand the importance of customer service (internal and external) and ensuring that our product arrives at customers in a timely way. Import/Export: Knowledge in both import and export procedures. Diligence and attention to detail is required at all times - especially when raising appropriate customs documentation (to a first-rate standard). Understanding of excise duty, VAT and movement of dangerous goods (bulk and packed) required
- Movement Types: Will be responsible for ensuring the smooth movement of goods to customer, goods to sites, tollers or warehouses and in some cases inbound raw materials
- Hauliers: Must have a good knowledge of both the packed and bulk logistics operators. Build strong relationships with hauliers to ensure that clear and concise communication at all times. If there are issues with hauliers to raise to line management and the haulier for corrective action
- Cost focused: Monitor, manage, auditing and reporting freight costs and freight forwarder performance
- Invoicing: Raise POs for freight in ERP system. Check that POs are correct and that all additional costs are correct
Based from the Chester facility, the ideal Logistics controller will need to have strong communication and organisation skills. Key requirements for the role will include;
2 years minimum Logistics planning experience or similar
Good working knowledge of national and international movement of freight by road; sea; rail & air
Good ERP/MRP and IT skills
Good organisational and communication skills
The successful candidate will be joining a global manufacturing organisation with a truly market leading product. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is newly created role and there are already plans in place to for promotion opportunities. This is a unique opportunity, if you are interested, please apply now!