- Sector: Aerospace & Defence
- Function: Systems Test Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 13 August 2021
- Job Ref: 28848/001_1626278384
IT Systems Engineer
Up to £29,000
We are currently looking for an IT Systems Engineer for a global manufacturing company specializing within the automotive industry. This is a permanent role based in Merseyside with a starting salary of up to £29,000 dependent on experience
The purpose of this role is to provide day to day support of secure, stable and performant IT infrastructure and software systems to include Desktop Environment, Business peripherals, Shop Floor MES Hardware and software applications, Local Area Network with data security and disaster recovery processes. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide Support and assistance to system users via the IT Helpdesk facility.
- Administer Data Security procedures with regard to data backup and restore procedures.
- Administer Anti Virus protection at Server and desktop level.
- Maintain the addition and deletion of users and maintenance of user permissions
- Support and Maintain users requiring remote access to business data and applications.
- Identify and assist in the specification for business expenditure for new hardware, software and services.
- Administer IT hardware asset register.
- On occasions may need to liaise with Suppliers of Hardware and software equipment and services.
- To administer any requirements for Hardware maintenance Support.
- To administer any moves and changes required within the business to accommodate IT Systems, Telephone System.
- To maintain Change Control process for hardware and software systems.
- Develop and Maintain procedures to support the above processes.
- Microsoft Desktop operating system Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Windows Application Support Microsoft Office suite with addition of Visio, Project etc.
- Support and upgrade of hardware, desktops, laptops, printers, servers, display devices etc.
- Support of Shop Floor hardware and systems, coordinating with members of the IT team for speedy resolution to issues,
- MS Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2019 Server administration (would be an advantage)
- Arcserve / Datto backup solutions or similar
- Local Area Network, Wireless Network design and support
- Knowledge of Exchange environment Email.
- Administration knowledge for SAP client technical environment (not application functionality).
The company is an automotive tier one supplier with contracts with major automotive OEM's. The company will offer you a chance to work in a fast paced environment with mapped out career development plans to help you gain more experience to move onto the next level in your career.