£16000 - £22000 per annum
18 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The position of Laboratory Technician is intended to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the laboratory teams. The position provides a foundation in essential aspects of the laboratory environment, from basic formulation development through to laboratory and factory hygiene. The position requires compliance with company policy including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH).
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Assisting the Development Chemists in the day to day running of the laboratory.
- Following company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Following company Work Instructions (WIN's).
- Making formulations under the instruction of the Development Chemists, preparing samples for customer evaluation, product stability and compatibility testing.
- Preparing bulks for user trial, clinical efficiency testing, safety testing and any other appropriate purposes.
- Assisting Chemists with stability, compatibility testing.
- Maintaining hygiene standards within the laboratory, ensuring it remains a clean, safe and efficient workplace.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to the development and production of safe and legal cosmetics and personal care formulations.
- Monitoring and managing laboratory raw material stock levels, maintaining clean storage conditions and ensuring safe handling of chemicals in accordance with company policy.
- Communicate effectively and positively with all teams, colleagues and managers.
- Help to promote a positive working atmosphere within the company.
- Demonstrate effectiveness as a member of the Technical Team through consistent professional conduct and role model behaviour.