Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Lead Design Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Our client, a global engineering business in Birmingham is looking for an experienced Lead Design Engineer to join their rapidly growing, successful business.
Reporting directly into the Engineering Manager, the Lead Design Engineer will be a vital member of the team and will help oversee and mentor all aspects of the design team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being a senior member of the 20 strong design team, implementing design best practise and ensuring that all projects are delivered on time
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Ensure all solutions provided to customers meet required standards and specifications
- Be a key point of contact for other members of the team consisting of Design Engineers, Technicians and Apprentices and provide ongoing training to develop skills and increase efficiency
- Qualified to at least HND level
- 6+ year's design experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Experience within special purpose machinery would be beneficial
- Proficiency in Inventor would be preferred
- Must have experience in managing a team
- Good communications skill across a range of different stakeholders and departments
Our client is the UK's leading manufacture of specialist products within their market and their products have a global reputation for quality and performance with majority of their sales coming from global markets.