- Sector: Life Sciences
- Function: Design Engineer
- Contact: Jonathan Birbeck
- Contact Email: Jonathan.email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 24 June 2021
- Job Ref: 28487/002_1621944998
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer / Aldershot / Medical Devices / Contract or Permanent
We are currently looking for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer for an exciting Medical Device company in the Aldershot / Basingstoke area on either a Contract (Inside IR35) or Permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required on site for around 2 days per week with the rest of the work to be completed remotely.
The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will clearly interpret medical device requirements and take full responsibility for originating innovative design & mentoring a small team of design & test engineers.
Due to the nature of the requirement we require someone with the following experience:
Key Responsibilities and Activities
* Expert in design, develop and implementing innovative design schemes using Solidworks or an alternative MCAD software package.
* Understand Top-Down design principals, using CAD functionality and other digital analysis tools, with a strong appreciation of stress, fatigue and predictive CFD modelling to accelerate iterative design.
* Experience in the design of high-volume plastic based parts, specifically using Injection Moulding & Additive manufacturing
* Proven experience in designing complex mechanisms using CAD software (Solidworks preferred, NX or PTC/Creo will be considered) and experience with the PLM environment.
* Comprehensive experience in bringing (Electro-mechanical) medical devices products to market, work closely with PMO to ensure timelines are monitored and maintained (would also consider candidates from other highly regulated industries such as Aerospace or Defence)