- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Logistics Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 30 July 2021
- Job Ref: 28172/001_1625071153
Logistics & Warehouse Manager
BLUE CHIP Manufacturing organisation (FMCG)
Excellent, newly created role for a Global Manufacturer who are looking for a career driven Logistics Leader. You will have full operational control of a busy, Highly automated distribution centre, heading up all the inbound and outbound logistics.
Your remit will be to set objectives, goals, strategies and measures to meet or exceed established performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, reliability, cost, service, staffing and engagement. Key areas of focus will be as follows;
- Ensure optimized performance of the automated truck & warehouse system to deliver best in class site logistics performance.
- Drive the organization to a culture of total employee ownership by effectively managing systems to drive empowerment and engagement for all employees and promoting active participation in learning and continuous improvement activities.
- Leveraging lean methodologies, systems and tools to establish and maintain comprehensive continuous improvement processes that maximize employee capabilities and contributions to drive improvements in the areas of productivity, reliability, costs, quality and safety.
- Develop, collaborate and engage strong cross functional relationships (Operations, Commercial, Regional Supply Planning, Customer and business own 3PL etc.), to deliver on cross functional strategies and best in class customer service levels.
- Full Ownership of operating budget and input into capital budget throughout the DC
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will need to a career focused, highly motivated Logistics management professional and fit the following key criteria;
- 5 years+ experience in a leading a large scale Logistics/ Warehouse function
- Must have recent experience in fast paced manufacturing environments
- An understanding of Automated systems is required
- Strong IT capability, comfortable with ERP/ WMS systems
- Good leadership qualities, ability to influence change
- Additional qualifications relevant to the role are preferred but not essential
The company are a market leader in their field and have created this role to help improve the efficiency of their operations. They can offer an engaging and rewarding career development path. If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply now!