Leeds, West Yorkshire
£38000 - £42000 per annum + benefits
25 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role involves working for a highly successful, complex FMCG Manufacturing site in a highly automated environment.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager you will be part of the maintenance team. This role is for someone who wants to make improvements and not just react to breakdowns - be rewarded for it. Key responsibilities for the maintenance improvement engineer include;
- To maintain the machines in good order
- Think outside the box on how to decrease chances of same machinery breaking down again
- To carry out small to medium works
- To liaise with the Operations Manager on larger maintenance jobs or projects and to supervise any subcontractors that may be used to carry out the work.
- To maintain production plant and equipment.
- To diagnose any electrical failure including PLC fault finding
- To undertake repairs as necessary.
- To change worn parts that are reducing the performance of the equipment
- To diagnose when preventative maintenance may be required and to carry out and document the necessary work.
- To liaise with suppliers when required to repair and / or maintain equipment.
- Hands on Experience within manufacturing environment for 4+ years - Food, drink, chemical, automotive, pharma and packaging will be considered
- Recognised engineering qualification (NVQ, HNC, HND, Apprenticeship, Degree, 17th Edition etc)
- Must be operating at a skilled level in electrical / mechanical maintenance
- Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong coaching and communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills.