£33000 - £35000 per annum + benefits
20 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
My client is an amazing FMCG business who are on a huge growth journey is new site plans! This business operates from impressive facilities in the North West area which has seen significant and continual investment, especially this year and next, so it's an extremely exciting time to join the business.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager you will be part of the maintenance team, working with brand new machinery, with key focus to turn the site from reactive to proactive. Key responsibilities for the maintenance engineer include;
- To maintain the machines in good order
- To carry out small to medium works
- To liaise with the Operations Manager on larger maintenance jobs or projects and to supervise any subcontractors that may be used to carry out the work.
- To maintain production plant and equipment.
- To diagnose any electrical failure including PLC fault finding
- Have a strategic approach, and think of a long term engineering strategy to support the engineering department
- To undertake repairs as necessary.
- To change worn parts that are reducing the performance of the equipment
- To diagnose when preventative maintenance may be required and to carry out and document the necessary work.
- To liaise with suppliers when required to repair and / or maintain equipment.
- Experience in an FMCG / Pharma / Chemical Manufacturing environments
- Good understanding of the engineering process
- Preferably Electrically bias, however Mechanically bias candidates who are keen to gain electrical knowledge will also be considered
- Ambition to progress