Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
4 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
MANUFACTURING MANAGER- SHEFFIELD
GLOBAL PRECISION ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£50,000- £55,000+ EXCELLENT PACKAGE/ BENEFITS
Excellent opportunity! We are recruiting for a dynamic Manufacturing Manager to join up with our client, a Global Precision Engineering/ CNC Machining Business based in Sheffield. They have a strong portfolio of Blue Chip customers on a global scale and are going through unprecedented year on year growth!
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the Manufacturing Manager will be overseeing the performance of all areas across manufacturing, including the machine shop, testing & Inspection and Engineering. The business are also implementing a number of LEAN Manufacturing projects throughout 2019 and would expect the Manufacturing manager to be key in the implementation of these. Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include;
- To determine and manage production schedules and resource plans
- To create a 'centre of excellence' ideology within Operations through perfect visualization, 5S management and continuous improvements.
- To ensure appropriate communication channels are established and maintained to the customer and internal stakeholders including the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- To liaise directly with the engineering department as Manufacturing Manager, to ensure that all machines are kept within the specified planned maintenance schedules.
- To manage the development of the team in line with performance management procedures within the business.
The ideal Manufacturing Manager will have a strong background within in Engineering environments, and be confident communicating at all levels.
- experienced overseeing production/ operations teams in engineering environments
- Exposure to working in CNC Machining environments
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacturing techniques and practices
- Ability to lead and develop teams
- Strong communication skills
- Degree/ Industry qualifications (NEBOSH/ SIX Sigma) preferred, but not essential
This company have a market leading reputation with a blue chip customer base on a global scale. They have ambitious plans to grow, with double digit growth already behind them and a full order boding well for the future. The business have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, training & development and has an excellent culture. If you feel you are suitable for this exciting Manufacturing Manager opportunity, please apply now!