Halifax, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits Package
17 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
GLOBAL ENGINEERING BUSINESS
Up to £45,000+ Excellent Benefits
Fantastic Opportunity!! I am working with an industry leading Engineering business based locally to Leeds who are going through a sustained period of growth. They are currently looking to recruit a Materials Manager to join their senior management team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the flow of materials and stock management for all the site products, contributing an essential role in the overall on-time delivery and output of the business. Managing a team of Stores Coordinators, the Materials Manager Key responsibilities will include;
- Review the load situation and highlight actions necessary to address future capacity constraints.
- Introduce improvements to the forward planning process to enable earlier detection of capacity constraints.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure effective and efficient running of the production plans.
- Continuous improvement and implementation of plans and new ideas.
- Manage activities associated with material movement, receiving through to despatch.
- Maintain a complete and thorough understanding of inventory control and systems, develop and manage team, improve their skills and performance
- Carry out all supervisory responsibilities for stores functions in accordance with the organisation's policies and procedures.
- Lead scheduling meetings as required achieving optimum performance.
- Introduce inventory and performance processes as required to maintain control.
- As Materials Manager, lead weekly, monthly and annual stock takes.
The ideal Materials manager will need to have worked in a engineering environment. Key attributes for the role will be as follows;
- 5 years+ experience in Materials Management role (or similar)
- Background working in engineering environments
- MRP experience (ideally SAP, although not essential)
- Self-starter with high energy levels, personal drive and commitment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify
This business has cemented a reputation for being a true market leader in their field. Their strategic vision over the next 5 years will see them further enhance that reputation, with plans for significant growth and expansion. In order to do this, the business recognise the need to attract the best possible people into their senior team. On top of this being a fantastic career opportunity, the business are willing to offer a highly competitive salary and package. If you are interested in this Materials Manager opportunity then please apply now.