£30000 - £38000 per annum + + Bonus + Pension + other benefits
25 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
This is a global FMCG business who produce market leading products in multiple categories around the world. Their Liverpool site produce niche products and this Materials Planner will work cross functionally with UK & the central Planning team to ensure that their 12 month forecasts are accurate and materials are in place.
- Responsible for medium and long term planning of Raws, Packs and Semi Finished materials to support the Powders portfolio of products.
- Working within the S&OP process to plan achievement of business inventory targets and to highlight capacity gaps in vendor supply or supply point capability.
- The ultimate goal is to optimise the balance between the right availability and inventory costs to ensure the lowest total cost and impact on cash cycle.
- Create an MRP plan that will meet the needs of the medium-long term production plan
- Define with SRC long term contract strategy for Raw Materials & Packs.
- Provide forecasts and information to enable SRC to place the necessary contracts in a timely manner.
- Prepare a weekly forecast and share with Supply Point call off.
- Prepare forecasts for suppliers to allow them to prepare their production plans.
- Monitor suppliers performance and review it regularly with suppliers & SRC. Raise issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor inventory projection & lead initiatives to optimize/reduce.
- Regular review of inventory parameters.
- Review long term forecast and make visible any sourcing decisions that might be needed.
- Co-lead with the SRC counterpart the relation with the supplier.
- Publish a monthly supplier issue report together with SRC & Quality to ensure a common priority list.
- Provide support for escalation of issues from local call-off team.
- Educated to Degree level.
- Experience working in an FMCG/Manufacturing Planning role - ideally within food or pharma.
- Experience in materials planning and vendor management.
- Good understanding of IT systems ie. SAP, Horizon etc
For more info get in touch with Dan at Core Talent