- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Design Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 10 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29136/001_1631284099
Mechanical Design Engineer
£Negotiable dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a mechanical design engineer for a global organisation, who specialise in designing and producing valves and actuators within the Petrochemical and Energy sector. This is a permanent role with a salary which is negotiable on experience.
You will be responsible for 2D and 3D design of values and interlocks which are critical within the energy sector. Working closely with the team leader you will be responsible for reviewing technical design documents and designing the values ready for production. Other responsibilities include:
- Design 3D solutions for valve add-ons.
- Collect, review and process technical data.
- Maintain and edit MCDS including key allocation, sequence design and tagging.
- Process design data in ERP systems to prepare production, procurement and stock.
- Manage design work for several projects simultaneously.
- Some technical troubleshooting may be required.
- The candidate must be able to work relatively independently.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed fit by the management in line/pertaining with the targeted activity, shall also be undertaken.
- 2 - 5 years experience working within mechanical design
- Experience with mechanical equipment, valves and/or industrial process equipment's in Petrochemical, Energy or Oil & Gas industries is considered a plus, other industry sectors are considered
- Must be proficient in Solidworks, Inventor will also be considered
- Strong verbal communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The company are a truly global business headquartered in the Netherlands. You will be joining a small team but will be in contact with employees worldwide. They are offering you a chance to develop you career man move up in to a senior role over the next couple of years. They have got an excellent pension scheme and chances to invest into a company share plan.