£35000 - £45000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Mechanical Design Engineer - Special Purpose Machinery
Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Our client, a market leading manufacturer of bespoke pressure testing equipment and associated pressure control machinery are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of new and existing products in line with the company's technical capabilities. Products include special purpose machinery supplying into oil & gas and subsea industries.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working closely with project engineers to understand design parameters from concept through to production validation.
- Investigating design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchange ability, cost and operational efficiency so that they conform to industry, customer and business standards.
- Customer technical liaison on new projects, ensuring that the designs meet the customers' requirements and often exceed their expectations and remain competitive to achieve sales growth and increase market share.
- Educated to at least HNC level (Degree preferred but not essential)
- 3 years+ experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer in an engineering environment working with special purpose machinery, valves, hyrdaulics and moving parts experience essential
- Experience working with materials from high pressure related indsutries such as subsea and oil & gas would be beneficial
- Ability to carry out hand calculations to back up fundamental engineering principles
- SolidWorks preferred for but essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on a project from concept to manufacturing
Our client are expanding significantly and building their client base rapidly meaning they are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer that wants to challenge themselves and progress in their career. They are looking to bring someone into their team immediately