- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Design Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 24 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29214/001_1632488733
Mechanical Design Engineer
£negotiable dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer for our prestigious client who specialise in within clean air technologies within the pharmaceutical sector. The company are based in Greater Manchester and are offering a permanent role with a hybrid of office based and work from home options with salaries negotiable dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a number of business critical projects via the generation of detailed designs relating to a range of special purpose equipment.
- To take design concepts and develop practical solutions through effective collaboration with the project team and with external and internal customers.
- Work to a project specification, bringing technical queries to the attention of the wider team as appropriate, ensuring that ultimately the client's requirements are met.
- Creation of CAD models and detailed arrangement, assembly and manufacturing drawings to company standard design methodology.
- Designing equipment that takes into consideration access, maintenance, manufacturing and assembly limitations.
- Attend and take an active role at design review and project meetings.
- Produce engineering documentation packages including Parts Lists, Manufacturing Drawing Packs and Production Handover Packs.
- Maintain strict adherence to information and document version control, issuing engineering change notices where appropriate.
- To realise or establish any potential design related risks to project cost or delivery.
- Consider the safety of proposed equipment through risk assessment, in line with international quality standards.
- Consider all relevant Directives and Industry Standards in the design of equipment.
- Proven experience of a similar role in a design office environment
- Experience of working to technical standards and directives
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
- Experience of Autodesk Vault Data Management Software is desirable
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles and Stainless Steel fabrication is desirable
- Qualified to a minimum of an HND in an Engineering related subject
The company are a well-known clean air technology company who specialise within the pharmaceutical sector. They have been pioneers within clean air technology for decades and are continuing to grow as they have just secured a number of new projects they have to fulfil. The company offers you a great development pathway into senior management and they pride themselves on employee satisfaction and retention.