Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £45000 per annum
4 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Mechanical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits
Our client, one of the UK's most rapidly growing engineering businesses are expanding and looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team to work on a range of really exiting recently acquired contracts.
In joining this company you will be impacting the world in important ways, working with a range of blue chip customers. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager the Mechanical Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team working across a variety of different projects with a range of companies globally.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working on a range of interesting projects across multiple sectors using a range of different multidisciplinary skills to complement the team
- Producing design and subsequent manufacturing drawings and related documentation
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Designing systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Educated to minimum HNC level (HND or Degree preferred but not essential)
- Proficiency in Siemens NX or CATIA V5 would prefer (Other CAD Packages considered)
- Aerospace experience would be beneficial
- A Good knowledge of composites would be advantageous
- FEA knowledge and experience would be preferred
- Be able to produce hand calculations to support the design work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
Our client are a dynamic engineering business that provides a diverse range of solutions to a variety of different businesses. It is their diversity and excellence that has seen their portfolio grow year on year and in becoming one of the most exciting and rapidly expanding businesses in the UK.