£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000
Our client, a leading, global engineering business that specializes in special purpose machinery is expanding and looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager the Mechanical Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team working across a variety of different sized projects for a range of customers across a variety of different industries.
You will be responsible for:
- Working on a range of interesting projects across multiple sectors using a range of different multidisciplinary skills to complement the team
- Producing design and subsequent manufacturing drawings and related documentation
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Designing systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Educated to at least HND level (Degree preferred but not essential)
- 2+ years Mechanical Design Engineering experience
- Experience working with conveyors and materials handling equipment would be beneficial
- Experience with SolidWorks preferred but will also consider Inventor
- Strong communication skills across a range of different levels
Our client is a well-established market leading manufacturer and supplier of their unique product. The company has a strong focus on progression and personal development and would be looking to bring someone into their team immediately.